- More than just coming up with a pretty or trendy-looking website that catches attention, the ideal website design should be able to deliver quality visuals that are both appropriate and relevant to the web content and the intended visitors.
- The website should have a clean, professional logo for branding that matches with the theme, concept, colours and the creative elements found within the website. Other deciding factors include layout, typography, images and audio.
- SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, determines the ranking of a website in the search engine results. A website with a high SEO value is guaranteed online visibility and better traffic.
- The content of the website, such as the page title, meta tags and the presence of indexation, must show an effective use of various SEO techniques that maximizes search engine visibility.
- A website is meant to be accessed; good accessibility makes a website more user-friendly, functional and allows visitors to procure the right information they need with the least amount of time and complication, whenever and wherever they are.
- The website must be compatible and could be accessed with ease on all mobile platforms. Throughout use of relevant accessibility-enhancing features and technologies such as URL rewriting should also be demonstrated to make user interaction with the website convenient, responsive, optimally interactive and memorable.
- Users tend to get frustrated when websites take too long to load. The website must not only be filled with impressive content and creative layout; the performance of the website, especially in regard to its loading speed, is a crucial element when it comes to what makes or breaks a good website.
- The website must have an optimum download speed, reflecting a skillful utilization of page caching, website compression and other forms of loading optimization without compromising on the quality of both its content and layout.
- Being the heartbeat of a website, it is therefore a must for the website content to be relevantly coherent with the website’s topic and genre. Content includes, but are never restricted to, music, sound, video, animation and any other relevant methods of presentation found within the website.
- All content in the website should be presented in an excellent and tidy layout, with readable font, contrasting colour schemes, and is free from broken links.
- The characteristics of good content – informative, engaging, memorable, and always leaving the visitors wanting for more.