Karuna (Sarawak) Enterprise Sdn Bhd won three honors at Malaysia Website Awards 2019 award ceremony held recently. The Malaysia Website Awards, organized by The Exabytes Group was held on 13 Feb 2020 at Colony Coworking Space, KLCC. On that day, The Exabytes Group rewarded 41 awards to outstanding websites.
Karuna took the honors in 3 categories, with one site winning both the Personal Site of the Year (2019) and Personal Site of the Month (Dec 2019):
- Personal Site of the Year Award 2019
- Personal Site of the Month (Dec) Award 2019
- Ecommerce Site of the Month (Dec) Award 2019
Cerava Sarawak – Personal Site of the Year Award 2019 and the Month (Dec) Award 2019
- Cerava Sarawak website presents a unique way to showcase the articles and its contents. The Black and White concept is in conjunction with animation in order to create better user experience and interaction. Typography and water space are the two main criteria that the client and designer stressed on.
- About Cerava Sarawak – Through articles, delving into heritage, culture, environment, history, events, festivals and lifestyles, alongside reviews and recommendations created by Borneo-based researchers, Cerava is the ideal resource for the resourceful traveler to a destination off the beaten package-tour track.
Bax Borneo – Ecommerce Site of the Month (Dec) Award 2019
- Bax Borneo website was done via WordPress with WooCommerce plugin, which is one of the common and economic ways to establish an online store. The website concept was based on “Minimalist” concept that emphasized on simple, white space, typography, high quality images and story-telling. The products went viral after first launched in Malaysia via Digital Marketing campaign by Karuna.
- About Bax Borneo – it is founded in Sarawak, Malaysia. It all began at the end of 2018. We travelled the world, researching to find the perfect bags with all BAX criteria. We believe in making premium handbags available to everyone at fair prices. We value access over aspiration, and expression over status.
Malaysia Website Awards
The Malaysia Website Awards 2019 is the fifth in the series, seeking to recognize and reward the outstanding performance, talent and effort of the best web developers, web designers and web agencies. At the same time, encourage creativity, sharing and improvement of overall web design quality in the country. The Judging criteria are based on Design, SEO, Accessibility, Performance and contents.
The Malaysia Website Awards 2019 features 3 award categories, namely Personal, Commercial and E-Commerce. Other categories of awards are the Site of the Month Award, the Public’s Favorite Website Award, and the grand prize, Site of the Year.
The much-anticipated award ceremony of Malaysia Website Awards 2019 was be witnessed by several highly regarded industry experts, veterans and honorable judges:
- Mr. Leong Wai Khong, Head of Multimedia Design Department of The One Academy Penang
- Muid Latif, Lead Project of Creative Commons Malaysia
- Susilan Kesavan, Senior Manager of Digital Marketing, Asia School of Business
- Irene Foo, Head of Branding & Communications at Lazada Malaysia
- Sam Suresh, WordPress Community Leader